While these standouts are great in their own right, there are plenty more to choose from. Hybrids, for example, are pretty neat in giving you the best of both worlds. Glow in the dark ones are pretty cool too.
What to Expect
- 10 of the best silicone bongs from the most reputable shops in the business
- Overview of what each bong has to offer
- Recommendations on which rig is best for you
1. Waxmaid Collapsible Bong – The Springer
One of the main reasons to go silicone is that they travel well. The problem with some designs is that even if you can have them squished inside your bags, they still take up a lot of real estate inside your knapsack.
The Springer by Waxmaid solves this probably with its collapsible feature. So, this can easily go alongside your collapsible water bottle and bowls when you go hiking in the woods. Now, there’s really no reason not to have a good smooth even when you’re traveling.
It’s made of a single piece of silicone so you won’t have to worry about air gaps and leaks.
|Maximum height||12 Inches|
|Minimum height||7 Inches|
|Bowl||14mm female, glass|
- Collapsible makes it the perfect travel companion
- The “spring” feature makes it easily rotatable in any direction making it a great bong to pass around in a smoke sesh.
- There’s a bottom opening for easy cleaning.
- You can choose from various tie-dye-inspired color
- Sessions can get pretty tight and it can be a disaster when someone accidentally elbows and topples your bong over. Fortunately, there’s a suction feature at the bottom to help keep it in place
- There’s a small chance that the bottom cap can slide out if not installed properly.
- The silicone down stem can get clogged so careful not to tamp too hard or else…
2. Silicone Straight Tube Bong
The silicone used in this bong is top-notch. It’s got a melting point of 1200˚F so you’re probably not going to be able to destroy it even if you tried.
|Downstem||3.5 Inches, removable|
|Bowl||14mm female, glass|
|Special Feature||Ice catcher|
- There’s an ice catcher which gives it a smoother hit than bongs without it
- High-quality silicone makes it a do-anything, keep-anywhere bong. It can take a beating.
- You can easily put in the dishwasher for a quick clean
- It’s a clean material design that’s not too hard on the eyes
- 10 Inch length may be too short for people who like their hits big
- The narrow opening makes it difficult to deep clean
3. The “Machine Gun” Silicone Water Pipe
If you’re feeling adventurous, maybe a themed silicone bong would do you good. This military machine gun-themed bong called aptly “The Machine Gun” is not only quirky, but it’s also as reliable as a real machine gun because of its removable silicone downstem.
It’s also surprisingly built well despite its aesthetic liberty, all while still coming in at under $100. Even if there may be some air gaps, in some areas, they’re relatively tiny. So, you’re assured a great bong rip every time.
The experience is pretty poetic as when you go in for the hit, you actually look like you’re getting toked on the barrel of a freshly fired weapon.
|Bowl||14.5mm Female, glass|
- This thing is a real head-turner because of the design, but an even better conversation-starter because you can still get top-notch bong rips despite it.
- Sturdy enough to take a beating
- There’s a flurry of different color options
- Might be quite difficult to clean because of the design
- Silicone downstems tend to get clogged
4. Triple Threat Trailer Park Boys Silibong
If you plan on getting toked while re-watching the Trailer Park Boys, you better do it with this Silibong. It’s got a huge TPB decal on the side ensuring people know that you’re a true fan of the show.
And if you’re the type to get too engrossed in the show to care for where you put your bong down after a smooth hit, the suction feature at the bottom of the bong is going to save you and your precious Kimbo Kush from your clumsiness.
Speaking of smooth hits, you can make them even smoother by installing the included ice catcher.
|Special features||Ice catcher, suction bottom|
- It’s pretty feature-packed for such a competitively priced silicone bong
- Even if you tamp a little too hard, you can easily flush out the downstem because it’s removable and made of glass
- 14 Inch height can give you an ice-cooled, full-bodied hit every single time
- While it’s still pretty portable, make sure to pack the glass downstem securely as it’s surely going to break easily.
- You’re stuck with the Trailer Park Boys decal so you better really love the show or it gets pretty annoying pretty quickly
5. EYCE Mini Beaker
If you just want a personal bong that you can take anywhere with you, the EYCE Mini Beaker must already be on your wish list. It’s a well-reviewed, 7.25-inch-tall bong that’s just small enough to keep in your everyday backpack.
So for those in-between moments, like say, before you leave the office, you can whip this out of your bag and let rip a quick one. You can also just use it as a backup bong so you’re never just a zipper away from a smooth ice-cooled hit.
There’s also a built-in poker that can prove to be real life-saver in dire situations.
|Bowl||14mm Borosilicate glass bowl|
|Special Feature||Ice catcher|
- The tiny form-factor is a huge plus if you plan to use this is as a travel bong
- Removable bottom makes cleaning it easy as pie
- Ice catcher in such a small bubbler is a must-have addition to small bongs like this one
- You can never go wrong with a beaker-shaped bong
- The poker is a thing of beauty to see in a travel-sized bong
- If you like taking giant hits, the tiny form-factor might not be for you
6. Silicone Hybrid Bong
If you identify as a weed connoisseur and like to travel, the Silicone Hybrid Bong might tickle your fancy. This gives you the best of both worlds.
The crowning glory of this thing is the glass tree perc. It’s definitely a huge advantage because it ensures an ultra-smooth hit. And, since it’s removable, you can keep it one piece safe at home while you bring around the silicone mouthpiece and bottom.
The two silicone pieces fit snugly enough together to minimize the airgaps so you’ll still enjoy a full hit as long as you don’t hold it too tightly in the neck.
|Special Features||Glass perc|
- Glass perc is an absolute win for this bong as it gives you a hit smoother than Kenny G’s music
- 15 glorious inches makes it a great bong if you like to take large hits which you’ll be inclined to do because the perc makes it uber smooth
- Since you can take it apart, it’s so easy to deep clean every single inch especially the glass perc
- Smoke can leak out if you hold it too tight in the neck especially if you’re using it without the perc
- While the silicone pieces are virtually impossible to break, the perc isn’t so unbreakable
7. Skinny Neck Silicone Beaker Bong
Basic doesn’t always mean unsophisticated. The Skinny Neck Silicone beaker from Nucleus definitely falls under this category.
This beaker-shaped bong is best for efficiency and it shows in the price too. Since it doesn’t have those nice-to-have features, it’s easier for Nucleus to charge only for the necessary aspects of the bong.
This includes a high-quality 14mm glass bowl, removable glass downstem, and high-quality silicone construction.
|Bowl||14mm glass, male|
- For such a high-quality bong, the price is insanely cheap
- A simple minimalist bong that hits all the right notes in such a way that it’s easy to use and easy to clean
- Its small size is just perfect to keep on a bedside table for a nightcap or on a work desk to take the edge off after a stressful meeting
- This is the ultimate budget-conscious bong that still gives you a quality hit
- Might be a little too small for some people especially for a group sesh
8. Silicone Beaker Bong
Beaker-shaped bongs are just plainly perfect. The base is wide enough to not fall victim to slight accidental nudges, the mouthpiece is petite enough for most people, and it’s just so darn efficient. There’s literally nothing wasteful about the whole design
That’s why this Silicone Beaker Bong, is such a big hit. It’s just a little bigger than the one earlier from Nucleus so it also doesn’t add much to the clutter. The only difference is that this 9-inch bong is big enough to pass around.
- It’s another one of those bongs that has none of those nice-to-have features but nails every single feature that you actually need to have
- Size is just big enough for a big rip but small enough to not be an eyesore on a desk or a bedside table
- It’s priced just a smidge too much. For the same price, you can get a bigger bong with an ice catcher or a removable bottom
For extra longs sessions, you may want to try this Roll-Uh-Bowl bong. It’s got a spring-loaded bowl that can easily eject spent weed. It’s a nifty feature that you might never have known you needed until you’ve used one of these.
If you like taking a hit while you’re on the move, this particular feature can be a life-saver. Imagine having to scrape out your bowl while you’re kayaking in the middle of the lake. It’s just impossible with traditional bowls.
- It’s just the right size for travel. The included storage band is also a nice touch so you can pack it away easily
- It’s the perfect size for a portable-yet-not-too-small travel bong
- The Eject-a-Bowl is a feature that all travel-oriented bongs should adapt as it makes changing your spent weed so much easier
- Priced well for a bong with an engineering breakthrough feature such as a the Eject-a-Bowl
- Alloy bowl can get pretty hot to touch
10. PieceMaker Kali Beaker Base Silicone Bong
There are very few bongs that can boast having a perc. This PieceMaker Kali Beaker Base Silicone Bong is just one of the few.
Unlike others that need the perc to be made from breakable materials, the trademarked Hex-TEK high perc that they have on this is made of silicone as well. Therefore, you can have an extra smooth hit anywhere you want without having to pack a breakable perc.
|Bowl||The metal screen that can be replaced with a glass bowl if you prefer|
|Special Feature||Hex-TEK perc, glow in the dark|
- The Hex-TEK perc really does magic in filtering out the loose particles giving you a super suave hit all the time
- Awesome glow in the dark makes it easy to find it when you’re out camping or just when you need to take a hit in the middle of the night
- Extra charge for a glass bowl is a little cheeky
More than anything, people look for versatility in their silicone bongs so I would have to crown the PieceMaker Kali.
It’s got the perfect size that you can either take with you on a camping trip or just keep on your desk, a quirky glow in the dark feature, and most of all, it’s got that Hex-TEK perc that’s just out of everyone else’s reach.
However, the Skinny Neck Silicone Beaker Bong comes at a close second because it’s just so darn cute and versatile. The best part of it is that it punches way above its weight class in terms of the price range.