While these two are the undeniable standouts, there are other impressive sub-$50 bongs that can blow your mind.
Here’s what’s in store for you in this article:
- A list of excellent bongs under $50 that gives top-quality hits.
- The most relevant specs such as shape, height, material, and other special features.
- A variety of materials such as silicone and glass.
1. Silicone Mini Beaker
If you’re the type to have just one bong for all your smoking needs, you’re best served by one made of silicone like this Silicone Mini Beaker. It’s going to last so much longer than glass ones.
And since it’s built only with top tier silicone, it’s also dishwasher safe. You can even open up the bottom to access the chamber. You can even use the bottom lid as a hidden compartment for your weed and concentrates.
Because it’s built with silicone and relatively small, it’s a great bong to travel with.
|Special Features||Hidden weed compartment at the bottom|
- Silicone build makes it one of the most durable bongs in this list. It’s perfect for travel or for everyday home use.
- Beaker shape makes sure that you get a good toke even if it’s a relatively small bong.
- Since it’s got a pretty short neck, you’re going to need to hit it a bit longer than your normal sized bong.
- It’s a bit expensive for such a basic bong
2. Double Bubble Glass Micro Mini Bong
With its diminutive 4.5-inch height, you wouldn’t expect to have such a good toke with the Double Bubble Glass Micro Mini Bong. But, that’s exactly what you’ll because of the ingenious solution that the makers of this bong employed with this one.
You see while beaker bongs have one wide chamber at the bottom, this bong has two large chambers, one on top of the other. This ensures that smoke has more area to settle in thus giving you a surprisingly larger hit that you would expect for something so small.
|Special Features||Carb hole|
- The duo of chambers makes this a surprisingly good hitter considering the diminutive size.
- Since it’s such a small bong, it’s easy to find room for it in your cabinet. Or, if you want to keep it on your coffee table, it’s also not a bad idea since it doesn’t take up too much space.
- While it’s small enough to travel with, the borosilicate glass construction may not be the best to pack in your bag. It can easily get crushed.
3. Glow in the Dark Straight Shot Bong
Say goodbye to fumbling around in the dark for your bong. This Glow in the Dark Straight Shot Bong, as the name implies, can easily be found even with the lights off.
Have you even toked up in the dark? This one’s the perfect one to use. Even if you’re sharing with a group, there’s no chance that you’re going to misplace it.
|Special Features||Glow in the dark|
- It’s basic yet not underwhelming. The toke is just right even if the chambers aren’t as large as the others on this list.
- The silicone material is elastic so you can shape it according to your lips for a tight seal.
- Glow in the dark feature is more useful than you might think.
- You better need the glow in the dark feature because other straight bongs that do without it are so much less expensive.
4. The “Toke Tank” Silicone Molded Tank Bong
It’s always a riot if you whip out the aptly nicknamed “Toke Tank.” Whether you’re smoking with a group or just on your own the design is just so quirky. This 6-inch tall tank-inspired bong is just so over the top that it’s difficult not to have a good toke.
The Toke Tank is just as unbreakable as its design inspiration because it’s made of silicone. You can drop it and smash it and you wouldn’t be able to break it. To add to that, it’s also very stable so you can’t really topple it.
|Special Feature||Tank design that can easily be disassembled|
- While not exactly built like a tank, it’s still sturdier than other bongs in this list.
- Huge chamber gives you a solid toke every single hit.
- For a bong, its price is competitive. For the novelty, it’s one of the best bargains.
- The design may feel a little gimmicky to some buyers.
5. LA Pipes Simply Guy 8″ Donut Base Ice Bong
Take a break from the basic beaker design by going for this Donut Base Ice Bong. It’s every bit as well-refined as traditional beaker bong but with a classy hint of quirkiness with the doughnut bottom.
It’s got a solid 8-inch neck so the ice-catcher is also a nice touch. It will give you a smoother toke even if you do take a huge hit out of the large-chambered bong.
|Shape||Straight neck with a doughnut base|
|Special Feature||Ice catcher and doughnut|
- It’s a decent-sized bong that’s great for a solo session but is more than enough even for a group sesh.
- The large base serves as a dual purpose of giving you and your friends a great hit and as a way to make this long-necked bong a bit more stable.
- It might be a little too large and cumbersome if you’re just going keep it on top of your coffee table.
6. 8-Inch Beaker Bong
If you want to keep it classy, this 8-Inch Beaker Bong from Diamond Glass is probably the best you can do within the budget category. It’s a basic yet well-refined glass bong that hits all the right notes in terms of performance.
It’s a great bong for a no-nonsense weed smoker who just wants to take the edge off after a long day of work at Wall Street or some other white-collar job.
Don’t forget to check out our list of bongs priced less than $100 if you feel like stretching your budget a little bit.
|Special feature||The high-quality glass that doesn’t get cloudy easily and an ice-catcher|
- It’s a minimalist bong that gets the job done without any fuzz.
- An 8-inch bong is probably the best height for versatility.
- A highly-finessed bong that won’t feel out of place in a high-end boutique smoking lounge.
- The design might be too bland for some people’s tastes.
7. Green Polka Dot Mini Bong
If you like the simplicity and efficiency of the beaker design but are turned off by the blandness of it, maybe adding a little panache to it via colors can tickle your fancy. This Polka Dot Mini Bong might just be exactly what you’re looking for.
It’s got a tried and tested beaker design that’s paired with a funky green polka dot. This can be the perfect combination of class and fun in a bong.
|Special Feature||Polka dots, ice-catcher, carb hole|
- The beaker design works well for this 6-inch bong. You get a full-bodied hit every single time.
- For the price, it’s a great starter bong.
- The carb hole and ice-catcher combo are great additions to make sure you have a more controlled hit.
- If you’re not into polka dots then the aesthetics can be annoying. Might even trigger trypophobia for some.
8. Beaker Base Water Pipe
If you want something a bit bigger than an 8-inch beaker bong, then you can go with the Beaker Base Water Pipe from Dankstop. It’s pretty basic in that it’s another one of those minimalist beaker-type bongs with a wide base.
This one, however, has a rubber grommet for the downstem so you’re assured an airtight seal giving you effortless hits.
|Special feature||Rubber grommet|
- This 9-inch tall bong should function great as a dab rig.
- Despite its size, you get full-bodied hit all the time because there is no leakage due to air gaps in the downstem.
- Can look pretty large on your table.
9. Black Leaf Glass Beaker Base Ice Bong with Precooler
The Black Leaf Glass Beaker Base Ice Bong with Precooler is perhaps one of the most feature-packed budget bongs around. It’s got most of the things that you’ll ever want to look for in a bong.
It’s got a precooler with a large integrated bowl which makes it the perfect bong for smoking with a group or just plain long smoking solo sessions. This means less reloads and more hits.
|Shape||Beaker base with a dome percolator|
|Special feature||Precooler, dome percolator, ice-catcher|
- It’s one of the largest bongs money can buy at this price category so you’re assured of a full-bodied toke.
- The precooler, percolator, and ice-catcher combo make smoking out of this thing ultra-smooth so you wouldn’t end up in a coughing fit even if you’re a noob at smoking.
- It can be too large for some tables. And since it’s so tall, you can easily topple it over even if does have a wide base.
10. “Simply Guy” 9″ Straight Water Pipe with Ice Pinch
This is why this Straight Water Pipe with Ice Pinch is such an easy thing to recommend. It’s simple and easy to use.
- Its simplicity is its greatest asset as you’d know immediately how to get an exactly the kind of hit you’re after out of this thing even if you haven’t had practice with it yet.
- The 9-inch height makes a full-bodied hit almost a certainty.
- If you’re a noob, the ice-catcher is a great way to ensure smoother hits.
- Too expensive to be this simple.
Black Leaf Glass Beaker Base Ice Bong with Precooler is the undisputed winner in this under $50 price range as it has almost everything you’ll ever want in a bong. If you’re a beginner, you can easily just forgo the accouterments, but if you’re moving on from the beginner level, then the additional features make this bong future proof.
The only problem with it is that it’s strictly a stay-at-home bong. But, you can work around and maybe buy a pipe or another bong for travel. Because guess what, it’s cheap enough for you to be able to afford a travel bong.