Nothing beats the high you experience from a sweet dab rip. Glass dab straws break easily, so if you’re looking for dabbing on-the-go (or one that lasts forever), you’re going to need one of these top 10 silicone nectar collectors.
These aren’t the only good silicone nectar collectors. There are plenty that have the storage, dexterity, and durability that you need. So, we narrowed the field down to the top 10 that will meet any and everyone’s needs.
What to Expect
We’re going to go over the top silicone nectar collections in the premier online smoke shops. These items range from affordable to luxury-priced. They’re ideal for newbies or those looking to upgrade their smoking game.
You will find out about:
- The top 10 silicone nectar collectors
- Which nectar collectors are best for on-the-go dabbing
- Nectar collectors that come with accessories
1. Silicone Nectar Collector by Waxmaid
The Silicone Nectar Collector by Waxmaid gives you everything that you love about a glass nectar collector wrapped in a silicone bumper. You can slurp up all that delicious content, watching the vapors dance through the glass chamber as it reaches your lips!
You don’t have to worry about the glass breaking in transit. It is recessed so that the silicone top and bottom protrude around it. This piece should survive moderate bumping around in anyone’s travel bag.
At eight inches long, this could fit in your pocket. However, it might not be the most comfortable if you have to sit.
We love the comfort of this nectar collector in our hands. However, don’t get too comfortable. If you tip the top while inhaling, and it’s full of water, you might get some spill back.
- 8 Inches Long
- Titanium Tip
- Glass and Silicone Hybrid
- Very Sturdy, Excellent Hybrid of Glass and Silicone
- Awesome Ergonomics, Fits Beautifully In Hand
- Great Design
- Really Easy to Clean
- Might Be Too Big For Traveling In Pocket
- Water Can Spill Out Top If Tilted
2. “Bamboo Collector” Silicone Vapor Straw with Titanium Tip
This silicone nectar collector has a bit of a novelty feel to it that other dabbers will get a kick out of using. Start a conversation at the next party by whipping out the “Bamboo Collector” Silicone Vapor Straw with Titanium Tip. The “Bamboo Collector” is bound to capture the attention of any pandas or furries in your presence!
This neat-looking dab straw is 5.5 inches long. It is much more comfortable in your pocket than the Silicone Nectar Collector by Waxmaid.
However, this smoking accessory is all silicone. So, you won’t be able to watch the vapors trickle up to your mouth.
Unlike nectar collectors with glass chambers, silicone doesn’t retain heat. Plus, this silicone dab straw is fortified with a cooling mechanism. Therefore, you’ll get every nuanced flavor within your wax.
This popular nectar collector comes with a cap that holds your concentrates in travel and while you smoke.
It comes with a 10mm titanium nail that’s replaceable. So, the Bamboo Collector can very well be your forever dab straw!
Just be prepared to keep fastening the tip. It tends to fall off easily.
- 5.5 Inches Long
- Replaceable 10mm Titanium Nail
- Dab Cap
- Food-Grade Silicone with Cooling System
- Nearly Indestructible and Small, Perfect for Traveling
- Comes with Cap to Smoke and Collect Nectar
- Replaceable Tip Can Make This Purchase an Investment
- Cool Vapor is Easy on Lungs and Tastebuds
- Can’t See Smoke While It Rises
- Nail Falls off Frequently
3. PILOTDIARY Silicone Honey Stick Straw with Cap 6.5″ Black/Gold
Want a silicone dab straw that is a little assuming? Then consider picking up a PILOTDIARY Silicone Honey Stick Straw with Cap 6.5″ Black/Gold. The PILOTDIARY looks like an everyday screwdriver!
It comes with a deep dab cap. That way, you can bring larger nugs of honey with you. This feature is ideal for long day trips.
At 6.5 inches long, the PILOTDIARY is a great compromise between the Silicone Nectar Collector by Waxmaid and “Bamboo Collector” Silicone Vapor Straw with Titanium Tip.
There feels like plenty of room between the nectar and mouthpiece, while it’s not overly clunky traveling in your pocket.
Also, we love the looks of this dab straw. It has a honey bee theme that goes perfect for lapping up some delicious BHO.
- 6.5 Inches Long
- Food-Grade Silicone, Resistant Up to 482 Degrees F
- Honeycomb Design
- Perfect Size for Travel and Safe Vaping
- Excellent Cap Storage for Long Day Trips
- Fun Design But Also Looks Like a Flashlight
- Dishwasher Safe
- Easy Grip with Honeycombs
- Honeycombs Might Feel Uncomfortable in Pocket
4. Silicone UV Honeybee Vapor Straw with Cap
Looking to brighten up your smoking accessories with a vibrant silicone nectar collector? Add the Silicone UV Honeybee Vapor Straw with Cap to your collection. This piece has uniquely loud color schemes that capture anyone’s taste preferences and personalities.
Plus, it has the signature honeycomb grip and design as the PILOTDIARY Silicone Honey Stick Straw with Cap 6.5″ Black/Gold. It just looks nothing like an inconspicuous Phillip’s head screwdriver.
The titanium tip is 14 inches in length, making it one of the longest dab straws. This trait gives more time for the vapor to cool down. That way, your wax tastes like the bud’s natural terpenes, rather than just hot smoke.
Lastly, this nectar collector is a lot of fun. It can even make a forest-shaped image when held under UV light. So, turn down the lights and have a fun smoke session with your friends.
Check out our list of the best electric nectar collectors.
- 14.5 Inches Long
- 14mm Titanium Tip
- BPA-free Grade V1 Platinum-Cured Silicone
- Glows Under UV Light
- Dab Cap
- Adequate Distance from Dab Cap to Mouthpiece for Cool and Flavorful Smoke
- UV Light Trick is Really Fun to Look At When Stoned
- Excellent Hand Grippers for Chill Smoke Sessions
- Really Long for Traveling, Will Need to Keep in Bag Rather than a Pocket
- Bright Color Combos Make this Nectar Collector Less Conspicuous
5. Silicone AK47 Nectar Collector | 14.5mm
The Silicone AK47 Nectar Collector | 14.5mm is one of the most cost-effective dab straws on this list. While it’s discounted in price, it doesn’t mean they skimp out in the value.
This fully-silicone nectar collector has a flared mouthpiece for optimal comfort. It also creates an excellent suction to your face so that you don’t waste any delicious vapor.
The Silicone AK47 Nectar Collector is ideal for gun enthusiasts. It looks like an AK47, so it’s bound to start a conversation and garner compliments from others in your dabbing circle.
This item is a lot thinner and longer than other top silicone nectar collectors. While it’s less bulky to carry and handle, it’s better to store this accessory in a bag rather than a pocket.
- 14.5 Inches Long
- 14.5mm Titanium Tip
- Shaped like an AK-47
- Flared Mouthpiece
- Great Novelty Item for Gun Fanatics
- Flared Mouthpiece Ensures You Get As Much Vapor As Possible
- Thin Frame Makes This Collector More Difficult to Clean Than Others
- Might Not Be Suitable to Use in Front of People Against Guns
6. Silicone Nectar Collector w/ Quartz Tip
Titanium tips are excellent for when you want to smoke up over an extended period. If you’re just sitting around and dabbing, then those are the tips for you.
However, sometimes you want to dab and go. Unfortunately, titanium tips maintain the heat of a torch for long periods.
So, you might not be able to pack up your tip and go about your business without burning yourself. Enter the Silicone Nectar Collector w/ Quartz Tip.
Quartz tips heat up quicker, allowing you to vape much sooner. Plus, you’ll be able to pack your materials away and move on with your day quicker. You’ll know it’s ready because this tip glows!
Also, the collector has three spirals right before the tip. These circulate the vapor so that they cool down before hitting your lips. Using this nectar collector will ensure some of the best flavors of the bunch due to this attention to detail.
This particular quartz tip nectar collector is compact and comfortable to hold. It comes with notches that hold the nectar collector on the table, so it doesn’t roll off and potentially burn through carpet fibers.
- 14. 5 Inches Long
- 14.5mm Spiralized Quartz Tip
- Quartz Tip Glows When Heated
- Dab Cap
- Ergonomically Stable from Rolling
- Most Table-Steady for Long Chilling Sessions
- Quick Heating and Cooling Down for Optimal On-the-Go Dabs
- Glowing Tip is Super Clutch for Knowing When to Combust Your Honey
- Narrow Mouthpiece is Challenging to Clean
- Need to Heat Quartz Tip More Often for Long Smoke Sessions
7. Silicone “Dab Grenade” Vapor Straw Collector Kit
You don’t need to be Bruno Mars to catch a grenade when you have the Silicone “Dab Grenade” Vapor Straw Collector Kit. This affordable nectar collector kit has everything you need to dab all day long.
This compact smoking apparatus still packs a huge punch. At 6.5 inches long, it comes with a stand that allows for hands-free vaping!
It also has a dab tool so that you can break up your wax, allowing you to ration out your supply efficiently. You can throw your concentrate into the separate dab container that they include. Plus, you can pack up these tools in the stand provided for easy travels.
Most notably, this accessory is shaped like a grenade. It’s ideal for those who like bombs or like to get bombed.
Since it’s so rotund, this is one of the more straightforward silicone nectar collectors to clean. There’s also more room for the vapors to spread out after combustion. So, while the nectar collector is small in length, its width turns out to be a useful attribute!
- 6.5 Inches Long
- Grade 2 Titanium Nail
- Base Included
- Dab Container
- Dabbing Tool
- Easiest to Clean
- You Can Smoke Hands-Free
- Dabbing Tool Allows You to Customize Each Smoke Session
- Portable Carry Case Makes Traveling a Breeze
- Grenade Design Accentuate Grip
- Must Be Careful Removing Grenade from Stand if Tip is Still Hot
8. SiliNectar Glow Silicone Nectar Collector
If you like the concept behind the Silicone “Dab Grenade” Vapor Straw Collector Kit but aren’t a fan of grenades, consider the SiliNectar Glow Silicone Nectar Collector. This dab straw has many of the same attributes, with a less controversial design.
As the name implies, this nectar collector glows in the dark. You can dab away and zone out to the brilliant colors of this vibrant piece.
This kit also has a silicone docking station. The tip is less confined in this setup than the Dab Grenade. Therefore, you are less likely to scorch your fingers when dismantling.
At 8.5 inches, it’s slightly longer than the Grenade. However, the actual nectar collector is skinnier. So, they have comparable cooldown times for optimal bursts of flavor.
- 8.5 Inches Long
- Titanium Tip
- Silicone Docking Station
- Dabber Tool
- Dab Cap
- Glows in the Dark
- Fun to Smoke With Since it Glows in the Dark
- Sturdy Docking Station Allows You to Walk Away and Come Back for Another Hit
- Perfect Length for Cooling Down Vapor and Traveling in Pocket
- A Little More Expensive Than Others On This List
9. Eyce Silicone Nectar Collector
The future of nectar collectors is here with the Eyce Silicone Nectar Collector. This smoking accessory has ease and comfort in mind. It comes with a slight bent neck so you can sit back and lounge as you puff away on your tasty BHO.
This compact piece comes with a dab cap attached to the outside. So, you’re not worried about it falling off the tip.
It quickly comes apart so that you can throw all the pieces in your pocket. However, it’s still compact and durable if you want to toss it into the bottom of your bag.
The dab cap comes attached to the side. You can store your wax on your actual nectar collector. However, if the wax gets hot or sticky, it can end up on the side of your piece.
You might need to worry too much about the melted wax, though. This nectar collector has a built-in water filtration system that keeps the apparatus and your vapor cool. That way, your stored wax, lips, and lungs will all remain in top shape!
- Platinum-Cured Silicone Body
- Storage Container
- Multi-Percolating Water Filtration
- Titanium Tip
- Produces Some of the Coolest, Most Flavorful Smoke
- Bent Neck Allows for Optimal Comfort for the Smoker
- Tip Doesn’t Get All The Vape
- Mouthpiece Doesn’t Contour to Mouth, Allowing Previous Vapor to Escape
10. Honey Straw Silicone KIT 6.5″ SR (Bloo | Rainbow Vomit)
Dab like a professional with the Honey Straw Silicone KIT 6.5″ SR (Bloo | Rainbow Vomit). This unique nectar collector has many accentuated ridges that stop the piece from rolling off the table. They also allow you to customize your grip for the ultimate comfort.
This dabbing set comes with dabbing tools, cap, and mat. While we appreciate them, they don’t pack up as nicely as the SiliNectar Glow Silicone Nectar Collector or Silicone “Dab Grenade” Vapor Straw Collector Kit.
However, we really do appreciate the mat that picks up any sticky residues. Plus, it’s handy for when I pull out the dab rig!
Of the items, this is one of the most lightweight. However, there aren’t many removable parts, and it’s awkward in shape. So, you will want to put it in a bag for safe travels.
They do advertise the dab cap as burn-proof. However, it gets extremely hot. So, handle it with care, and don’t store dry wax in it right after use.
- 6.5 Inches Long
- Dab Mat
- Dabbing Tool
- Dab Cap
- Titanium Tip with Rainbow
- Lightweight and Easy to Pass Around
- Dab Mat Collects Dust Like a Champ
- Awkward Shape Gives Plenty of Opportunities to Customize Grip
- Dab Cap Gets Pretty Hot
- Rainbow on Tip Burns Off After One or Two Uses
What is a nectar collector?
A nectar collector is a type of dab rig that is used to vaporize concentrates, such as wax or shatter. It is a handheld device that resembles a straw and is typically made of glass, titanium, or quartz. Nectar collectors are becoming increasingly popular among dab enthusiasts due to their portability, convenience, and affordability.
To use a nectar collector, you first heat the tip of the device using a butane torch. Once the tip is hot, you touch it to the concentrate, which vaporizes and is then inhaled through the mouthpiece. Nectar collectors offer a more direct and flavorful dabbing experience compared to traditional dab rigs, as the vapor travels straight from the concentrate to your mouth without passing through any additional water or percolators.
One of the main benefits of using a nectar collector is its portability. Unlike traditional dab rigs, which can be bulky and difficult to transport, nectar collectors are small and lightweight, making them a great option for on-the-go dabbing. Additionally, nectar collectors are typically more affordable than traditional dab rigs, making them a great choice for anyone looking to get into dabbing without breaking the bank.
Another benefit of nectar collectors is their versatility. Different sizes and shapes of tips are available, allowing you to customize your nectar collector to suit your preferences. Some nectar collectors come with interchangeable tips, allowing you to switch between different materials (such as titanium or quartz) or shapes (such as a flat or pointy tip) depending on your desired dabbing experience.
Advantages of Silicone as a Material for Nectar Collectors
Silicone has emerged as a popular material choice for nectar collectors, thanks to several advantageous properties it possesses.
- Durability and Flexibility
Silicone nectar collectors are highly durable and resistant to breakage or damage, making them ideal for users who are constantly on the move or enjoy outdoor activities. Unlike glass nectar collectors, which can be fragile, silicone collectors can withstand accidental drops or impacts without shattering.
Additionally, the flexibility of silicone allows for easy storage and transportation. The collectors can be bent or folded to fit into compact spaces, making them an excellent option for travel or discreet use.
- Heat Resistance and Safety
One of the significant advantages of silicone nectar collectors is their excellent heat resistance. Silicone can withstand high temperatures without melting or releasing harmful fumes, ensuring a safe and enjoyable dabbing experience.
Unlike traditional glass nectar collectors, which can become uncomfortably hot during use, silicone remains cool to the touch, minimizing the risk of burns or accidents. This feature is particularly beneficial for novice dabbers who may not be accustomed to handling heated devices.
- Non-Stick Properties
Silicone’s non-stick properties make it easy to clean and maintain nectar collectors. Concentrate residue is less likely to adhere to the surface, allowing for effortless residue removal and preventing buildup that could affect the flavor and performance of the collector.
Components of a Silicone Nectar Collector
Silicone nectar collectors typically consist of several key components that work together to provide an efficient dabbing experience.
- Main Body
The main body of a silicone nectar collector serves as the central component, providing the structure and stability for the device. It is usually made of food-grade silicone, ensuring safety during use.
The mouthpiece is the end of the nectar collector that users place in their mouths to inhale the vapor. Silicone mouthpieces are often designed with ergonomics in mind, providing comfort and ease of use.
- Titanium or Quartz Tip
The tip of the nectar collector is responsible for heating and dabbing the concentrates. It is typically made of either titanium or quartz, both of which offer excellent heat conductivity and durability. The choice between titanium and quartz depends on personal preference and desired dabbing experience.
Many silicone nectar collectors feature detachable sections, allowing for easy disassembly and cleaning. These sections can be removed and reattached effortlessly, simplifying the maintenance process. Additionally, some collectors offer customization options, enabling users to mix and match different components to tailor the device to their preferences.
- Detachable Sections for Easy Cleaning and Customization
Benefits of Silicone Nectar Collectors
Silicone nectar collectors offer a range of advantages that make them a popular choice among concentrate enthusiasts. Let’s explore these benefits in detail:
Durability and Portability
One of the primary benefits of silicone nectar collectors is their exceptional durability. Unlike fragile glass counterparts, silicone collectors can withstand accidental drops or impacts without shattering. This durability makes them perfect for those who enjoy outdoor activities or are constantly on the move. You can confidently take your silicone nectar collector on adventures without worrying about it breaking.
Moreover, silicone nectar collectors are lightweight and compact, enhancing their portability. Their flexible design allows them to be easily folded or bent, making them ideal for travel or discreet use. Whether you’re attending a social gathering or exploring the great outdoors, a silicone nectar collector can easily slip into your pocket or bag.
Heat Resistance and Safety
Safety is paramount when it comes to concentrate consumption, and silicone nectar collectors excel in this regard. Silicone is highly heat resistant, allowing it to withstand high temperatures without melting or releasing harmful fumes. This property ensures a safe dabbing experience, giving you peace of mind while enjoying your concentrates.
In addition, silicone nectar collectors remain cool to the touch during use. Unlike glass collectors that can become uncomfortably hot, silicone’s heat insulation properties prevent accidental burns. This feature is particularly beneficial for beginners or those who may not be accustomed to handling heated devices.
Easy Cleaning and Maintenance
Keeping your nectar collector clean is essential for optimal performance, and silicone makes this task a breeze. Silicone’s non-stick properties prevent concentrate residue from clinging to the surface, making it easy to clean. You can simply wipe away the residue with a cloth or use alcohol wipes to ensure a thorough clean.
Furthermore, silicone nectar collectors are compatible with various cleaning methods. You can choose to rinse them with warm water and mild soap or even boil them to sterilize and remove any stubborn residue. The flexibility of silicone allows you to manipulate and clean every nook and cranny, ensuring a hygienic and enjoyable dabbing experience.
Versatility in Use and Compatibility
Silicone nectar collectors offer versatility when it comes to concentrate consumption. They are compatible with various types of concentrates, including wax, oil, and shatter. Whether you prefer sticky and gooey textures or more stable forms, a silicone nectar collector can accommodate your choice.
Moreover, silicone collectors often feature universal fittings, allowing for compatibility with a wide range of accessories and attachments. Whether you want to add a percolator for smoother hits or an ash catcher to prevent debris from reaching your mouth, silicone nectar collectors can be customized to suit your preferences.
By providing durability, heat resistance, easy cleaning, and versatility, silicone nectar collectors offer a superior dabbing experience. These benefits make them a go-to option for concentrate enthusiasts looking for a convenient and reliable method of consumption.
How to Use a Silicone Nectar Collector
Using a silicone nectar collector is a straightforward process that involves a few simple steps. By following these guidelines, you can ensure a seamless dabbing experience:
Step-by-Step Guide on Assembling and Preparing the Nectar Collector
- Connecting the Different Sections: Begin by assembling the various components of your silicone nectar collector. Attach the mouthpiece securely to the main body, ensuring a snug fit. If your collector features detachable sections, connect them firmly, taking care to align the connecting points.
- Inserting the Titanium or Quartz Tip: Take the titanium or quartz tip and gently insert it into the designated opening at the opposite end of the mouthpiece. Ensure that the tip is securely in place and aligned with the airflow direction.
Techniques for Heating and Dabbing with a Silicone Nectar Collector
- Proper Heat Source Selection: Choose a suitable heat source to heat the tip of your silicone nectar collector. Common options include a butane torch or an electronic heating element specifically designed for nectar collectors. Follow the instructions provided with your chosen heat source to ensure safe and effective operation.
- Timing and Temperature Considerations: Once your heat source is ready, apply heat to the tip of the nectar collector. Take care not to overheat it, as excessive heat can cause combustion or affect the flavor of your concentrates. Allow the tip to heat up for a few seconds until it reaches the desired temperature. Experimentation will help you determine the optimal heating time and temperature for your preferred dabbing experience.
Best Practices for Achieving Optimal Flavor and Vapor Production
- Choosing High-Quality Concentrates: To enhance the flavor and vapor production, select high-quality concentrates. Look for products that have undergone proper extraction processes and are free from contaminants. The quality of your concentrates greatly influences the overall dabbing experience.
- Controlling Inhalation Speed: When using a silicone nectar collector, it’s important to control your inhalation speed. Slow, steady draws allow the vapor to pass through the collector, delivering a smoother hit and maximizing the flavor profile of the concentrate. Avoid overly forceful inhalation, as it may cause the concentrate to splash or lead to coughing fits.
Tips for Choosing a Silicone Nectar Collector
When selecting a silicone nectar collector, there are several factors to consider to ensure you find the right one for your needs. Here are some tips to help you make an informed decision:
Factors to Consider When Purchasing a Silicone Nectar Collector
- Size and Dimensions: Consider the size and dimensions of the nectar collector. Determine whether you prefer a compact and portable option or a larger collector with more capacity. Take into account your preferred method of use and the environments in which you’ll be dabbing.
- Quality of Materials Used: Assess the quality of the silicone used in the collector. Look for nectar collectors made from food-grade, medical-grade, or high-quality silicone. These materials offer enhanced safety and durability.
- Price Range and Budget Considerations: Determine your budget range for a silicone nectar collector. Prices can vary depending on the brand, features, and additional accessories included. Consider your budget and find a nectar collector that provides a good balance between affordability and quality.
Comparison Between Different Models and Brands
- Reviewing Popular Silicone Nectar Collector Brands: Research and read reviews about different brands offering silicone nectar collectors. Look for well-established brands with positive customer feedback, as they are more likely to provide reliable and high-quality products.
- Comparing Features and Customer Reviews: Compare the features of different models. Look for features such as detachable sections for easy cleaning, compatibility with various accessories, and additional filtration options. Additionally, read customer reviews to gain insights into the performance, durability, and overall user experience of specific models.
Recommended Features and Specifications to Look For
- Removable Mouthpiece for Easy Cleaning: Opt for a silicone nectar collector with a removable mouthpiece. This feature makes cleaning the collector more convenient and ensures thorough hygiene.
- Heat-Resistant Tip Material (Titanium or Quartz): Consider the tip material of the nectar collector. Titanium and quartz are popular options known for their excellent heat conductivity and durability. Both materials provide consistent heat distribution, resulting in efficient vaporization of concentrates.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Proper cleaning and maintenance of your silicone nectar collector are crucial for optimal performance and longevity. Follow these guidelines to keep your collector in excellent condition:
Regular cleaning is essential to ensure the best flavor and vapor production from your silicone nectar collector. Over time, residue buildup can affect the taste and quality of your concentrates. Additionally, a clean collector promotes smoother airflow and prevents clogs that may hinder your dabbing experience.
Step-by-Step Guide on Cleaning a Silicone Nectar Collector
- Disassembling the Nectar Collector: Begin by disassembling the nectar collector into its individual components. Remove the mouthpiece, tip, and any detachable sections, if applicable. This will allow for a thorough cleaning of each part.
- Removing Residue Using Alcohol Wipes or Cleaning Solutions: Use alcohol wipes or a cleaning solution specifically designed for silicone to remove residue from the collector. Wipe the exterior and interior surfaces of each component, paying particular attention to areas where residue tends to accumulate. If necessary, use a cotton swab or brush to access hard-to-reach areas.
- Rinsing and Drying the Components Thoroughly: After wiping down the collector, rinse each component with warm water to remove any remaining cleaning solution or residue. Ensure that all cleaning agents are completely washed away. Allow the components to air dry completely before reassembling the nectar collector.
Tips for Extending the Lifespan of Your Silicone Nectar Collector
- Storing in a Protective Case or Pouch: When not in use, store your silicone nectar collector in a protective case or pouch. This will safeguard it from accidental damage, dust, and other contaminants. Proper storage helps maintain its integrity and extends its lifespan.
- Avoiding Exposure to Extreme Temperatures or Direct Sunlight: Avoid exposing your nectar collector to extreme temperatures or direct sunlight for prolonged periods. High temperatures can cause the silicone to degrade, while prolonged exposure to sunlight may lead to discoloration or warping. Store your collector in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
Is silicone a good material for a nectar collector?
Silicone is a popular material for nectar collectors due to its durability and flexibility. Unlike glass or titanium, silicone is resistant to breaking or cracking, making it a great choice for anyone looking for a nectar collector that can withstand regular use and handling. Additionally, silicone nectar collectors are often less expensive than glass or titanium options, making them a budget-friendly choice for dab enthusiasts.
Another advantage of silicone nectar collectors is their flexibility. Silicone can bend and be manipulated without breaking, making it a great choice for those who are looking for a more versatile and portable nectar collector. Additionally, silicone nectar collectors are often lighter than glass or titanium options, making them easier to handle and transport.
However, there are some disadvantages to using silicone nectar collectors. One of the main concerns is that silicone can absorb odors and flavors, which can affect the taste and aroma of your concentrates. Additionally, some users have reported that silicone nectar collectors can have a more plastic-like taste compared to glass or titanium options.
Silicone nectar collectors also have a different heating characteristic compared to glass or titanium. Silicone takes longer to heat up and does not retain heat as well, which can result in a less efficient and consistent dabbing experience. Additionally, some users report that silicone nectar collectors can be more difficult to clean, as residue can be trapped in the grooves and crevices of the silicone material.
In conclusion, silicone is a good material for a nectar collector if you are looking for a durable and budget-friendly option. However, there are some trade-offs in terms of taste, heating characteristics, and cleaning that you should be aware of before choosing a silicone nectar collector. Ultimately, the choice of material will come down to your personal preferences and priorities, and it is important to do your research and choose a nectar collector that meets your needs and budget.
You really can’t go wrong with any of these silicon nectar collectors. They are built to last and have many redeeming traits that make the smoking experience that much more enjoyable.
Of the bunch, we have to say the Silicone Nectar Collector by Waxmaid is our favorite. We love the hybrid aspect because watching the vapor is part of the experience.
It’s the ideal height for dabbing on-the-go, as it fits perfectly and comfortably in your hand. Plus, the glass is protected with silicone to ensure easy travels. You get all the joys of a glass pipe intertwined with the potency of a delicious dab!